Topic: A few small changes that could be made to shooter CD?
I know the Shooter concept demo has kind of been on the back burner for a while now, so let me say first of all that I'm not asking for full development to restart, but it's a pretty great game and I think a handful of small changes could really improve the player experience without a bunch more time sunk into it.
So here is my list for Mason to take into consideration if he wants.
1. When your near the edge of a map, it's basically impossible to avoid rockets and missiles that get launched, so a small 1.5 second clackson or something would be nice so you would have time to jump, and it would sound cool too!
2. Sniper rifle ammo isn't dropping, but it's a pretty great weapon (even if it could be a touch more powerful so you could always kill in two shots) and that's kind of a shame.
3. When you die, the enemies go away, but the items don't, and since you keep all your shit, I think the items going away too would be a better punishment for dieing.
4. A toggle for allies would be nice, for if you just want to fight alone.
5. Using enemy callers and enemy grabbers also brings allies, which means if you wanted all the points for killing them you could get fucked over by all your friends showing up too. LOL
6. The regular pistol is basically a weaker suppressed pistol and doesn't have allot of use after you find the other one, . I think combining the two weapons might be better, where you would start with the pistol and then find a suppressor but it would use the same ammo. You could also replace it with a short range, slower, more powerful weapon like a pump shotgun or 44 magnum or desert eagle or something. Either way though, no ammo drops for the regular pistol right now...
7. Sometimes allies just refuse to fire, maybe their weapons are messed up or something?
8. The panning on the blades is really slight, so it's very hard to tell when your too far, and then you end up jumping and getting hit cuz you didn't have time to get through all the way.
9. I wish F1 and E would be combined, because they both have info the other one doesn't.
If you read this Mason, thanks for your time even if you don't change anything, I think you did a good job with this game but it could just use a little extra polish.