Topic: PunBB extensions you may need.

Hi,
First of all, here is the link to the punBB github page where you can find most of there extensions. I'd recommend to first install punbb repository, that will let you install the others in a much easier way.
https://github.com/punbb/extensions
Also, here is a link to a thread containing links to a hole bunch of extensions, both aficial and unaficial, that you can use. I think this one has a working version of punbb carma as well, which I know some people on here may really want.
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … dy-for-14/
HTH.

Charlie.
Follow @cmerry15 on twitter for updates, news, random chatter and whatever else I decide to put up there.

Re: PunBB extensions you may need.

wow thank you! is there are any other extentions?

Nice.  I'd give a thumbs up but, ya know.

----------
You can send me a PM if you need to tell me about something directly.  Otherwise, please use the reporting system instead.
And if you have any questions or concerns about my moderation, than please do me the favor of contacting me or another moderator about it privately before posting about it publically.
Thanks!

Thanks defender.
@mahdi, I'm sure if you go poking around the internet you'll find even more, but those are the big ones and the only ones you'll most likely need anyway.

Charlie.
Follow @cmerry15 on twitter for updates, news, random chatter and whatever else I decide to put up there.

who knows why we cant install pun karma in punBB 1.1.4? I mean, is there any ver's that we can install?

Being able to get PM notifications either on the PM link or at the top would be awesome, I'm sure their is an extension for that...

----------
You can send me a PM if you need to tell me about something directly.  Otherwise, please use the reporting system instead.
And if you have any questions or concerns about my moderation, than please do me the favor of contacting me or another moderator about it privately before posting about it publically.
Thanks!

If there is, I'm yet to find it, and I've done a lot of stuff with punbb before. There is a kind of hackish way to get punbb carma working in punbb 1.4.4, but I wouldn't recommend it honestly. I remember it ended up fucking up my intire punbb installation, basically I manually changed the version to like 1.3.4 or something, and well, it kind of worked but from that point onwords it couldn't make up it's mind on what version it actually was, etc etc.

Charlie.

@6 it should do this already.

if we are on the topic of notifications, wouldn't it be sweet if we could have desktop notifications when ever some one sends you a pm, or there is a new poste in a topic,that you follow?
If so,, you should think of setting up push.js which is a javascript libery that aloud desktop notifications, if you are using the packet manager npm to install it just do.
npm install push.js
if not you can find the repo on github, then clone it and copy over the necessary files.
after that you must include the file called push.js in your html file, using the <script> tag with src
A little example of a function using this would be the following.
Push.create("this is a test!");
you must make sure that when you go to your foram you allow notifications.

@ilya, punbb is php, not javascript, so doing that would be almost impossible here, specially trying to make it work within the punbb code and things.

Charlie.

You can combine PHP and JavaScript. You would just enclose them in different tags. They both operate on HTML.  A better question is if the forum software has a dedicated function for a received private message. If it does, then you can try and insert the JS tag in the function.

yeh, its   doable